Wednesday 26 March 2014

I was ill and now am Well..... Dora Akunyili

 Dora Akunyili
Former Director-General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, Prof. Dora Akunyili, has denied reports making the rounds that she is critically ill as a result of an unknown life-threatening ailment.
Pictures of Akunyili recently surfaced online showing her looking very frail and the rumors set in that she was suffering from a strange illness that had defied medical diagnosis and treatment.
But in a post she made on her Facebook page on Tuesday, Akunyili, a former Minister of Information, who was nominated to represent Anambra State at the ongoing National Conference in Abuja, said she had since recovered from her illness and had been declared fit for the conference by her doctors.
Although she did not disclose the nature of illness she admittedly just pulled through from, she admitted it made her “shed much weight” and needed to “re-grow some flesh”.
In the post, which was titled ‘I am well, fit and ready for the National Conference’, the former tough-talking NAFDAC boss, who has an infectious smile, dismissed claims of her persistent ailment as baseless and unfounded and blamed mischief makers for spreading the rumours.
The full post read, “My Dear Friends, my attention has been drawn to a story making the rounds online claiming that I am seriously sick, currently out of the country and in need of urgent prayers.
“This story is baseless, unfounded and the handiwork of mischief makers. It should be ignored and discarded in its entirety.
“As every informed Nigerian knows, I am a delegate to the National Conference currently holding in Abuja. I was duly accredited as a delegate and I am currently in attendance at the National Judicial Institute, Abuja, venue of the conference.
“While it is true that I recently came out of a major sickness, for which I thank Almighty God for delivering me, I have since been declared fit by my doctors and returned to my normal activities. I shed much weight in the course of the sickness – which is normal – but I am well now and only need time to re-grow some flesh.
“There is nothing to worry about either my health or my present stature. I know that God has kept me alive for a purpose, this National Conference being part of that purpose”.

No comments:

Post a Comment